Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

I am so excited about 2012.  Big plans for my family this year.  
I plan on being COMPLETELY done with diapers this year once my little man is potty trained.  
That is enough to be excited for for the next few years I'd say.

Anyhow, I would love to start off the year with asking advice of you all!

See below.  I love my yellow buffet! You can see the refinish project by clicking here.



See the bins below the buffet?  I love them, they hold our shoes and they are pretty to look at.  Win-win!
But, unfortunately there is no other red in my living room.  So, I am asking for help!

Should I...
1. Leave them red...it is the new neutral!
2. Paint them!  
If I do, I am deciding between a cobblestone gray and a deep teal.
Any other color advice would be loved as well. :)

Thank you in advance!  Please leave a comment if you wish.

Do you have any 2012 Plans?

Cheers,


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the red but the teal would also look great. especially if it will match with the rest of the decor.

Liz

Brittany said...

they actually look really good red! but i think a deep teal would look amazing!! ps - the dresser is incredible. great job!! looking forward to seeing what you end up doing :)

Jen @ frazzled 5 said...

Teal! Love the light yellow buffet-it would go in my master so well:)

I have some old furniture in the(no door) garage, how do I know if the piece is worth refinishing? Or is it too weather beaten?

P.S. it is an awesome craigslist find- FREE is always nice:)

SM Edens said...

I've always been told that every room should have one red and one black accent - no matter what the other color scheme is . . . looks fine to me :)

Idee Fixe said...

I say leave the red. Red and yellow are much more visually exciting than any form of blue and yellow, which to me is more predictable. Fantastic piece, and great job!
Suzanne