Thursday, February 4, 2010

TUTORIAL Stitches of Love Valentines Cards...


After a recent conversation with Sassy, we realized that giving a card really shows you love someone because they are SO DARN EXPENSIVE! A solution arrived in my brain only moments later. Home made cards will show twice the love because it is more thoughtful and made by you! (Or me in this case). :)

Hold on to your seats girls, this tutorial is crazy.

What you will need:
Sewing Machine
Thread
Scissors
Fancy scissors (If you have 'em)
Card stock
Fancy Paper

To start, cut your paper to card size. Take an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock and cut in in half. When you fold each of those smaller pieces in half you have the perfect size card that will fit in an invitation sized envelope. But don't fold it just yet!

Also, cut some hearts or shapes to embellish with. I even cut a square to write on inside my card. Feel free to use your fancy scissors for your shapes or for your card!



This is the Crazy part. Take a breath.

You are going to sew right onto the paper! Please don't squeal. It is just fine. Your machine will love how easy a job this is, I promise.





Once you sew your design, turn it over. The opposite side is just as pretty as the front, so you now have a choice of which one will become the front of your card.



If you chose to use fancy paper for your card, you may need to create a space to write a love note inside. I simply cut a square with my fancy scissors and sewed it right inside.
Straight lines is all you need to know how to sew!

Okay, I got a little carried away.
But with paper you can slip and slide it all around under your needle!
The worst that could happen is that the paper rips a little.
I practiced once or twice before I got a good swirl.

If you are someone I love, you may be lucky enough to get one of these in the next week or so. :)



Now, write your special message inside! If you don't have much to say then make a smaller space to write on when you are preparing your card. Sometimes love is spoken best in fewer words anyway.




Wait! I have no sewing skills or machine!!!
Aren't "sew" crazy about the idea of using a sewing machine? You know how to use glue right? First glue your shapes on, and then just cheat:
Use a marker or glitter pen and draw your stitches!


Voila!
Home made and full of love.

Cheers,






1 comment:

Kylie said...

Okay. So stinking adorable. I have a sewing machine, but I have no idea how to use it. I think I'll give this a try, and if I completely fail I will just do the marker option! You little smarty, you!